In its 22nd year of operation, RePEc is still growing healthily. Almost a quarter million new research items have been added in the course of the year, and we should be surpassing 3 millions sometime in 2019. In part, this growth was made possible thanks to newly participating archives, 61 of them, putting us over 2000 RePEc archives. We collect traffic statistics from four RePEc services, EconPapers, IDEAS, NEP and Socionet. They reported for the year 104,603,252 full-text downloads and 420,281,818 abstract views (after considerable vetting, well over 90% of traffic is from robots). This is not counting all the other services using the data made available by RePEc. And RePEc has also performed various upgrades to its services:
- IDEAS and EDIRC have being completely redesigned.
- MyIDEAS now has the ability to send weekly email digests for what users track.
- Rankings saw various additions, principally those tracking only the last 10 years of publication and the 10 best authors per institution.
- CitEc has improved citation extraction and increased its scope.
- Various behind the scenes improvement, in particular for NEP.
There is much more to come in 2019. Watch out for news, or even better, participate as a volunteer!